32. Mary6 Barton (Susannah5 Gorton, Samuel4, Thomas3, Thomas2, Thomas1) was born May 1, 1678 in Warwick, Rhode Island. She married Jabez Greene. He was born May 17, 1673 in Warwick, Rhode Island.
Children of Mary Barton and Jabez Greene are:
45 ii. Nathanial Greene, born November 4, 1707 in Warwick, Rhode Island.
38. Mary6 Gorton (Benjamin5, Samuel4, Thomas3, Thomas2, Thomas1) was born October 31, 1673 in Warwick, Rhode Island. She married Samuel Greene. He was born 1669 in Occupasuetuxet.
Children of Mary Gorton and Samuel Greene are:
47 ii. Mary Greene, born August 25, 1698.
48 iii. Samuel Greene, born October 23, 1700.
49 iv. Benjamin Greene, born January 5, 1702 in Warwick, Rhode Island.
50 v. Anne Greene, born April 5, 1706.
40. Benjamin6 Gorton (Benjamin5, Samuel4, Thomas3, Thomas2, Thomas1) was born Abt. 1678 in Warwick, Rhode Island, and died 1737. He married Ann Lancaster, daughter of William Lancaster. She was born Abt. 1680 in Warwick, Rhode Island, and died 1738.
Benjamin Gorton, born in about 1678 in Warwick, married Ann Lancaster, daughter of William Lancaster; lived at Warwick and East Greenwich, and was in 1713 a Deputy to the General Assembly. He later settled upon a tract he purchased September 20, 1717, for L500 of Peter and Mary Mason--"500 acres, bounded westerly and northwesterly on the great pond called Twenty Mile Pond, alias Massapeage." It was in the town, now county, of New London, but was reckoned within the town of Norwich, which is adjoined, and he was always listed as a resident of that town. Massapeg Pond, also called Gardner's Lake, is situated in the present towns of Norwich, Bozrah and Colchester. The landscape surrounding it is of exceeding beauty. massapeg Station is on the New London and Williamantic R.R., about four miles from Norwich and eight miles from new London centre, and about six miles from the lake, which is now a favorite resort for people of affluence.
William Lancaster settled at Norwich at about the same time that Benjamin Gorton settled there. The records show close intimacy between the families. The graves of their son, Robert Lancaster, 1694-1770, and his wife, Elizabeth, 1706-1782, and of their son, John, 1738-and his wife, Anna Bentley Tripp, 1755-1831, and of Mercy Lancaster are in the Christ's Church burying-ground at Chelsea. The children of Robert and Elizabeth, so far as known, were James, 1734, Elizabeth, 1736-1813, John, 1738, mercy, 1742-1807, Mary, 1744, Ann, 1745, William 1749. (Miss Caulkin's MSS. Historical Society, new London.) Benjamin Gorton died in 1737. Administration upon his estate was granted to his widow, Ann, August 9, 1737, and later at her desire to son, Lancaster. Ann died during the following year.
Children of Benjamin Gorton and Ann Lancaster are:
52 ii. Stephen Gorton, born March 21, 1703.
53 iii. Sarah Gorton, born Abt. 1705.
54 iv. William Gorton, born Abt. 1707.
+ 55 v. Joseph Gorton, born 1708 in Warwick, Rhode Island; died 1761 in Canaan, Litchfield, Connecticut.
56 vi. Lancaster Gorton, born Abt. 1710 in Warwick, Rhode Island.
57 vii. Ann Gorton, born Abt. 1717.
58 viii. Mercy Gorton, born Abt. 1719.
41. Samuel6 Gorton (Benjamin5, Samuel4, Thomas3, Thomas2, Thomas1) was born Abt. 1680 in Warwick, Rhode Island, and died August 21, 1723 in Warwick, Rhode Island. He married Elizabeth Greene July 25, 1706, daughter of Thomas Greene and Ann Unknown. She was born May 8, 1687 in Warwick, Rhode Island.
Children of Samuel Gorton and Elizabeth Greene are:
60 ii. Elizabeth Gorton, born November 26, 1709.
61 iii. Samuel Gorton, born September 14, 1711.
62 iv. Thomas Gorton, born May 2, 1713.
63 v. Benjamin Gorton, born February 11, 1714.
64 vi. Ann Gorton, born July 22, 1718.
65 vii. Richard Gorton, born June 15, 1720.
66 viii. John Gorton, born April 22, 1723.
43. Maplet6 Gorton (Benjamin5, Samuel4, Thomas3, Thomas2, Thomas1) was born Abt. 1682. She married Thomas Remington December 28, 1710 in Warwick, Rhode Island. He was born 1682.
Child of Maplet Gorton and Thomas Remington is: