Helen married Unknown Hender.
Helen Valentine and Unknown Hender had the following child:
34. Roy Stevenson4 Melvin (Robert Stevenson3, John (Milby)2, William (Milby)1) was born in Omaha, Nebraska May 24, 1895. Roy died August 12, 1930 in Providence, Rhode Island, at 35 years of age. His body was interred in Rathbun Cemetery, Knotty Oak or Coventry, Rhode Island.
Roy married twice. He married Teresa M. Boesl in Council Bluffs, Iowa, March 16, 1916. Teresa was born in Leavenworth, Kansas May 7, 1892. Teresa died June 11, 1956 in Mahto, South Dakota, at 64 years of age. Teresa also spelled her name Theresa and her middle name may be Mary or Martha.
He married Eva B. Lafleur about 1924. Eva died after 1930.
Note: According to an obituary, Roy was a pipe-bender at the General Fire Extinguisher Company in Providence, Rhode Island. The Funeral was held at All Saints Episcopal Church, Pontiac, Rhode Island where he lived with his second wife and children. He was buried in Rathbun Cemetery, Knotty Oak or Coventry, Rhode Island. His death record indicated the cause of death was Vincent's angina acute myocarditis.
Roy Stevenson Melvin and Teresa M. Boesl had the following children:
+ 52 ii. Richard Ernest Melvin, was born October 13, 1919.
Roy Stevenson Melvin and Eva B. Lafleur had the following children:
54 iv. Caroline Melvin, was born 1926 in Rhode Island.
55 v. Richard S. Melvin, ws born 1928 in Rhode Island.
35. Katherine Louise4 Melvin (Robert Stevenson3, John (Milby)2, William (Milby)1) was born in Omaha, Nebraska March 21, 1897. Katherine died March 24, 1955 in Los Angeles, California, at 58 years of age. Her body was interred about March 27, 1955 in Inglewood Park Cemetery, Inglewood, California.
Katherine Louise married twice. She married Oscar Francis Mclaughlin in St. Louis, Missouri, February 22, 1918. Oscar was born in Harvey, Iowa June 8, 1889. Oscar died March 9, 1924 in San Diego, California, at 34 years of age. His body was interred March 10, 1924 in Long Beach, California.
Services for Captian Oscar F. McLaughlin, Air Services, Signal Reserve Corps, who died Sunday, March 9, at San Diego, will be held Friday afternoon at 2:30 p. m. at the Mottell parlors under the American Legion's auspices.
Captain McLaughlin served in the regular army prior to the World war. He was a licensed balloon pilot and aero observer. The decendant was an active member of the Association of the Army of the United States, Los Angeles sector.
Dr. Perry G. M. Austin, rector of St. Luke's and chaplain of the local post, will officiate. A firing squad and a buglar from Fort MacArthur will represent the army.
Oscar was an aviator. He died of a ruptured appendix at the age of 34.
She married Willis George Maahs in Los Angeles, California, September 17, 1932. Willis was born in Merrill, Lincoln County, Wisconsin October 9, 1906. Willis died June 24, 1948 in Los Angeles, California, at 41 years of age. His body was interred June 26, 1948 in Inglewood Park Cemetery, Inglewood, California.
Katherine Louise Melvin and Willis George Maahs had the following children:
+ 57 ii. Howard Gordon Maahs, was born May 16, 1939.
36. Caroline Jipp4 Melvin (Robert Stevenson3, John (Milby)2, William (Milby)1) was born in Omaha, Nebraska April 10, 1899. Caroline died December 12, 1986 in Phoenix, Arizona, at 87 years of age. Her body was interred December 17, 1986 in Forest Lawn Cemetery, Omaha, Nebraska.
Caroline Jipp married Claude Randolph Fockler in Council Bluffs, Iowa, March 17, 1915. Claude was born in Winona, Minnesota August 6, 1890. Claude died September 3, 1954 in Omaha, Nebraska, at 64 years of age.
Note: Claude was born in Minnesota and moved with his family to Wisconsin and then to South Dakota. After leaving his family, it is said that he had been a driver in Sioux City, Iowa and a boxer in his early years before coming to Nebraska.
He was a mechanic and chauffeur for the prominent Hamilton family of Omaha. This is where he met his wife, Caroline Jipp Melvin. She did some babysitting for the family. Their only daughter, Caroline, remembers hearing the story that her Mother, also known as La La, was taking a walk with a friend near the Hamilton's one day. Claude was washing the Hamilton car and squirted her with the hose. She didn't think it was humorous and would not go out with him for some period.
Claude was sickly during most of the marriage. It is thought that he had stomach problems due to his boxing days. Caroline worked outside the home for many years to sustain the family's needs.
Claude's death certificate indicated he died of bronchiopneumonia and pulmonary edema. He had an electrolyte imbalance and acute gastric dilatation. He was buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Omaha, Nebraska.
Caroline's Mother died from burns she received by lighting her kitchen stove one morning. Young Caroline, also known as La La, was only about twelve at the time and ended up caring for her younger brother and father. She therefore had just eight years of schooling.
She had several jobs during her lifetime. Since her husband was ill, she helped the family make ends meet by being a retail clerk, cafeteria supervisor of a Bomber Plant during World War II and ran a corner ice cream stand.
She spent her last few years in Phoenix, Arizona where her only daughter lived and after her death was buried next to her husband in Omaha, Nebraska at Forest Lawn Cemetery.
Caroline Jipp Melvin and Claude Randolph Fockler had the following child:
37. Robert B.4 Melvin (Robert Stevenson3, John (Milby)2, William (Milby)1) was born in Omaha, Nebraska July 13, 1901. Robert died October 15, 1958 in Omaha, Nebraska, at 57 years of age. His body was interred October 18, 1958 in Forest Lawn Cemetery, Omaha, Nebraska. Robert was also known as Babe to his family. He died from carcinoma.
Robert married an Unknown person.
Robert B. Melvin and Unknon Person had the following children:
60 ii. Unknown Melvin.
49. Lela Beryl4 Melvin (Alexander3, John (Milby)2, William (Milby)1) was born in Omaha, Nebraska March 7, 1911. Lela died August 20, 1999 in Omaha, Nebraska, at 88 years of age. Lela, who was called Peggy, had a twin sister Daisy Bernice Melvin.
Lela Beryl married Werner Friedrich Levermann in Omaha, Nebraska, June 1, 1930. Werner was born in Gribbohm, Dittmarschen, Germany April 18, 1905. Werner died August 10, 1981 in Omaha, Nebraska, at 76 years of age.
Note: Werner immigrated from Germany in 1923. He did farm work near Shelby, Iowa before coming to Omaha in the late 1920's. He worked for Swift and Company until opening and becoming a partner in the old Andy Bly Meat Market in Omaha, Nebraska in 1933. He died of a heart attack in his home.
Lela Beryl Melvin and Werner Friedrich Levermann had the following children:
+ 62 ii. Thomas Werner Levermann, was born May 27, 1943.